Domi Racer Distributors

Vintage Motorcycle PhotographsThe primary company, Domi Racer Distributors, Inc., was founded in 1969 and sells spare parts and classic motorcycles to dealers all over the world. Accessory Mart, Inc., a subsidiary of Domi Racer, provides parts and motorcycles to worldwide retail customers. Both companies, located in Cincinnati, Ohio, operate out of a 30,000 square foot facility. We cater almost exclusively to English and European motorcycles dating from the 1930′s to the 1980′s. Over the years, Domi Racer has built an inventory numbering thousands of parts by acquiring large and small stocks of European and British spares.

We have dealt with shortages in the past to provide you with the following: The Lucas Altette horn, Amal GP, and Dellorto carburetor parts, English and European fuel petcocks, English Taillight assemblies, etc. In addition to our reproductions of obsolete parts that are no longer available, we have a tremendous stock of original factory spares for Norton, Matchless, Triumph, BSA, Ducati, and other machines. Over the past three decades, we have been purchasing and consolidating the stocks of many former distributors from such diverse places as Switzerland, Venezuela, England, Canada, India, Singapore, and of course, the U.S.A. In cases where new old stocks are no longer available and where the demand is insufficient to justify reproduction, we make available used, reconditioned items or alternate parts to satisfy your requirements.

The Norton Dominator 1947 To 1976

nortan domiThe basic span of the humble 500cc to 828cc Norton twin engine design was from 1947 to 1976. Power output varied from 29 b.h.p. to 60 b.h.p. in production forms, A third place in the 1961 Senior TT, first in the 1973 Formula 750 TT and 139 mph as a dragster are just some of the feats this engine has achieved and it has also been the basis of some twenty models of Norton through to the last Commando. I hope in these few notes to cover part of the history of the Norton marque, but this time only dealing with the twin cylinder engine and its production changes.

Bert Hopwood left Triumph in 1947 in order to join Norton as Chief Designer and the opportunity to design his own vertical twin engine without the drawbacks of the Triumph, i.e. overheating and rattling. The former was overcome on the new engine by incorporating splayed exhaust ports so allowing more air flow over the particularly hot areas, while the rattling was supposedly reduced by the use of a single camshaft driven by a chain. Old machine tools and old ideas stopped him from producing a one piece crankshaft so a strong three part one was designed with careful attention to detail so as not to copy the Triumph crank. The original capacity of 497cc was achieved by a bore and stroke of 66 x 72.6mm. Both inlet and exhaust valves were of the same size at 1.29″, compression ratio was 6.7:1. The cylinder head was of cast iron with an integral single carburettor manifold and equipped with a 1″ Type 76 Amal carburettor. Ignition was courtesy of the ubiquitous Joe Lucas magneto. The machine was first seen at the 1948 Earls Court Show and given the designation Dominator Model 7. The top speed of the new bike was 92 mph, which was quite good for the day, along with a fuel consumption figure of over 50 mpg even if driven hard. The cast in carburettor manifold was soon replaced by an alloy bolt on unit. The layout of just about every part of this engine was to remain unaltered right through to the end in 1976, camshaft bushes, drive chain and half time gear, oil pump, main bearings, drive side roller and timing side ball race, three piece crank, handed pistons, rockers and their shafts can all be readily recognised for their origins even if detail changes render the parts not directly interchangeable.

The first few years saw the engine in the single down tube frame, but in 1952 it was rehoused in the new Featherbed frame and it thus became known as the Model 88, though this was not marked by any significant changes to the engine. The new frame was claimed to be some 30 pounds lighter though there doesn’t seem to have been any corresponding improvement in top speed, but acceleration was better.

An alloy cylinder head was fitted to the Model 88 although it had been first used experimentally in 1950 on the ISDT works twins. The compression ratio was now 6.8:1 and the carburettor an Amal 376, still of 1″ bore. The brake horse power became quoted as 29.5 with the limit now taken from 6000 rpm to 7000.
The year 1956 seemed to be the year of many changes; the Model 7 was dropped, but for the 88 a new higher compression cylinder head was brought out giving 7.8:1 . A bore and stroke job was also done, the new dimensions being 68 by 82mm to give a capacity of 596cc with a compression ratio of 7.4:1. The new machine was called the Model 99. A performance camshaft known as the Daytona appeared on both engines, while the 99 had an Amal 376 of 1.1/16″. The b.h.p. for the 99 was put at 31, at a recommended rev limit of 5750 rpm. Then came a short lived Model 7 the Model 77, this used the single down the tube frame of the Model 7 but with the 596cc engine. Ostensibly this machine was for sidecar use but it didn’t sell so it almost disappeared in 1958, but not quite; it was reincarnated as the Nomad. This was an American styled street scrambler with the 600cc engine producing some 36 b.h.p. at 6000 rpm using twin carbs of 1.1/16″ and a compression ratio of 9:1. It was for export only of course. The 99, a big brother to the 88, was tested at this time to have a top speed of just over 100 mph.
The problem of heat dissipation again reared its ugly head around this time with all the extra power on tap, there were additional fins between the exhaust ports added to combat this. New pushrods were introduced with steel end caps.

The major alterations in 1958 were in the electrical department, the magneto and dynamo giving way to coil, distributor and an alternator. All this was frowned on by the sporty fraternity of the time, but I do not see that this altered the power from the engine in any way, the drag from the alternator and the longer crankshaft being offset by the lack of the dynamo and its drive gear. The oil pressure relief valve was repositioned inside the timing cover at this time. There is mention of an improved camshaft being used in 1958/59 with quietening ramps that gave a small power boost, while larger inlet and exhaust valves were fitted with stellite tips. As the Nomad had been fitted with twin carburettors and a higher compression ratio there arose a demand for this on the home market. To cater for this, twin carburettors of the same size as the single carburettor fitted to a splayed manifold were now available on both the 88 and 99, along with 9:1 and 8.2:1 compression ratios. This all gave up to a 10% increase in power. Yet more fins were added to the cylinder head.

The following year, 1959, seems to have been a quiet year, as was the first part of 1960, but things were hatching so that by the end of 1960 and into 1961, big changes were taking place. The ‘slimline’ Featherbed frame arrived to replace the ‘wideline’ on all big twin models and the 88 and 99 appeared in Sports Special form. The SS spec was achieved by twin carburettors, 1″ on the 88 and 1.1/16″ on the 99, polished ports, and a high performance camshaft. The optional siamese exhaust system also possibly giving a power boost at certain revs, while the compression ratios were many and various – 8:1 on the 1960 88; 8.5:1 on the 1961 version; 1960 Model 99 7.6:1, and 8.25:1 on the 1961 version. The performance of the 99SS was now quoted as capable of over the magic 100 mph, obviously aided by the power now being up at 44 b.h.p. at 6750 r.p.m. with the 88SS 36 b.h.p. at 7000 r.p.m. One 88SS managed to reach 111 mph on the M.I.R.A. test track near Hinckley. But all this activity in 1961 was overshadowed by two items. Firstly, the Australian rider Tom Phillis raced a developed 500cc Domiracer in the 1961 Senior TT and scored a very creditable third place behind Mike Hailwood and Bob Mclntyre both on Manx Nortons after the MV Agusta of Gary Hocking had dropped out. Bearing in mind that this was the first outing for the twin in major competition it was a very fine start and even recorded a lap of 100.3 m.p.h. Those were the days when the TT really meant something and the 100 mph lap was no mean feat. The second item of consequence was the appearance of a 650cc engine, again for the foreign market at first, the USA got the all polychromatic blue Manxman with of course high handlebars etc., plus a reversion back to the magneto, though the alternator was retained, but still at 6 volts. The 647cc was obtained by the use of a new crankshaft with a larger big end giving a stroke of 89mm whilst retaining the 68mm bore. The compression ratio was 8.3:1 and it was equipped with yet another new cylinder head, this time with even more splayed exhaust ports, along with a downdraught inlet tract with two inlet stubs for the twin 1.1/16″ Amal Monoblocs. Also included was a rev counter drive box on the timing chest connected to the camshaft, the right hand exhaust pipe being specially bent to avoid fouling by the cable. The alloy push rods gained tapered ends and the double coil valve springs now became multi rate.

The 650 Sports Special was made available to the home market, now with solid skirt pistons, possibly due to “racing improving the breed”. It was claimed that the separate exhaust system used gave the most power, the pipes fitted to the downdraught head were always 1.1/4″ diameter as opposed to the 1.5/8″ of the 88/99, the narrower bore pipe keeping the gas flow speed up and contributing some 3 b.h.p. in the mid to top rev range. The small bore pipes had a sleeve welded on at each end so that the silencer and exhaust port diameters were standardised on all models. The 650 SS was developing 49 b.h.p. at 6800 rpm giving up to 120 mph in very favourable conditions. The same year also saw the last of the Model 99 but this was offset by the introduction of the 88SS complete with downdraught head and magneto. The 650 Standard, which only lasted one year had a single Amal 389 1.1/8″ Monobloc carburettor. Both the Domiracer and the Manx terminated in 1962, all the Domiracer stock including ‘Low Boy’ frames passing to Paul Dunstall who enjoyed much success over the next few years. The factory at Bracebridge Street closed and the remains of a proud marque were transferred to Plumstead under the AMC banner. One other introduction to the Norton name in 1962 was the Atlas, naturally for export only at first and soon to be christened the Mighty Atlas. It was even said to be the fastest motorcycle in production at one time (the Vincent having been out of production for some years). Initially the compression ratio was way down at 7.6:1, brought about by concave pistons and it also started life with a single 1.1/8″ carburettor. This all kept the power down to the same as the 650 SS – 49 b.h.p. at 6800 r.p.m. The increased capacity this time came from a bore change to 73mm whilst retaining the 89mm stroke of the 650. In fact the crank was the same on both machines except for some extra machining to the flywheels so that the pistons wouldn’t touch it at bottom dead centre, this means that Atlas cranks can be used on the 650. The larger bore meant that the timed engine breather had to move from behind the left cylinder to directly onto the camshaft bulge in the left case. The cylinder head was similar to that fitted to the 650 SS but is not interchangeable either way. All that beefy torque from the 750 had its drawbacks, vibration was so severe it started breaking the front frame lugs, though reversing the tails on these effected a cure. The initial work on the Atlas design was by Doug Hele, further developed by Charles Udall (late of Velocette) and Wally Wyatt of the parent company, AMC. This ownership of the Norton name explains why the 750 engine was to appear in quite a few odd disguises in AMC frames from 1963 onward. Nothing significant happened with the engine on these hybrid machines except for the fitting of twin carburettors, mostly 1.1/8″ bore.

There were some significant changes to the electrics in 1964 with the long overdue switch to 12 volts with alternator and zener diode. The magneto was still in use on the 650 SS and Atlas while the 88SS had coil ignition from 1961 to 1966 except for 1962 when it had a magneto. By now the Atlas was available for the home market, having the same black and silver paint finish as the 650 SS, twin 1.1/8″ carburettors and magneto with 12 volt alternator electrics.

As far as the engine was concerned nothing happened in 1965, but all models got a 5/8″ by 3/8″ rear chain in place of the 5/8″ by 1/4″ one used previously.
Left and right handed Amal Monoblocs were fitted, so allowing easier adjustments to the right unit. The top spigot of the barrel was removed, probably to simplify production and promote head gasket sales. The corresponding recess in the cylinder head was now no longer machined as it was not needed. Stronger con rods were fitted to the Atlas from engine No. 111920. From engine No. 116372 the con rods had a strategically placed hole drilled in order to squirt oil under pressure onto the cylinder bores. At the same time all models were fitted with a six-start worm drive on the oil pump, supposedly giving double delivery. Along with enlarged oilways, the rockers were now pressure fed from the delivery side of the pump. This extra oil to the top end should have reduced the rattles from there, but it did necessitate the rocker spindles being changed from scrolled ones to plain, otherwise top end oiling became over the ‘top’. The 500cc engine in its Model 88SS form was finally dropped from the range to leave just the 650 SS and the Atlas plus a couple of the hybrid machines much beloved by AMC. The same year had other changes for the Norton marque far more significant than any of these though, the AMC company were in dire straits financially and were eventually taken over by Manganese Bronze Holdings under the Chairmanship of Dennis Poore. This change of ownership would eventually lead to the development of the Commando.

 

The Atlas engine got borrowed again for a Norton/Matchless hybrid labelled the P.11, the only engine change worth noting being a power boost to 52.5 b.h.p. at 6400 r.p.m., this being brought about by the fitting of twin Amal 30mm Concentric carburettors, which also appeared on the genuine Nortons. The timing of the Atlas engine breather was altered along with some minor crankcase modification, the death knell of the magneto was sounded with the introduction of a twin point system in a housing that bolted directly in place of the venerable instrument. A capacitor was also fitted to take out the alternator bumps, so allowing some chance of starting with a flat battery or even without one.

The Norton range of machines was severely reduced in 1968 with the axing of the Atlas, 650 SS and all the hybrids. The Featherbed twin was however to struggle on for a couple of years yet in the guise of the Mercury, which was a 650 with less chrome, some ‘old RAC’ paint and a single carburettor. The name Mercury had first been used on a Matchless single a few years previously. The Norton Mercury was quite a popular machine despite its short life, rumour had it that it was only produced to use up stockpiles of parts as the Commando was obviously where the future of the Norton name lay. And so came to a close the era of the Dominator engine in the Featherbed frame.

VINTAGE NORTON DOMIRACER

vintage-norton-motorcycle-1 domiracerNorton is famed for its featherbed frames, which carried the Manx single to spectacular racing victories in the 1950s. But in the 1960s, Norton wanted to establish its Dominator twin as a race machine. The newer bike was outclassed by the Manx, so engineer Doug Hele created a new frame for the “Domiracer” project. This “lowboy” frame was even lighter than the featherbed, and helped the Domiracer tip the scales at 35 lb (16 kg) less than a Manx. But the project died when the Bracebridge Street race shop closed in 1962. Doug Hele left Norton for Triumph, and it was left to tuner Paul Dunstall to continue development.

This beautiful machine, photographed by Benoit Guerry in France, has just been profiled on the (highly recommended) Southsiders site. It’s a Triton-style hybrid, built in the 1970s from recovered parts and spares—including a Lowboy frame, shortened Norton Roadholder forks, a Seeley front brake, and a Triumph five-speed transmission. The engine is a rare 1957 pre-unit T100/RS with a splayed-port Delta head.

All up, this vintage beauty weighs just 300 lb (135 kg), which explains how a similar bike was able to lap the Isle of Man TT circuit at over 100 mph in 1961. Head over to the Southsiders for more eye candy of the highest pedigree.

Norton Dunstall

300px-Norton_DunstallThe Dunstall Norton was a Norton motorcycle made by Paul Dunstall, a specialist tuner of 1960s and early 1970s twins originally using some parts from Norton’s Domiracer project when the Birmingham factory was closed in 1963. In 1966 Dunstall Motorcycles became a motorcycle manufacturer in its own right, so that Dunstalls could compete in production races, and set a number of world records before sales of the Dunstall Nortons declined in the 1970s consistent with the demise of the British motor cycle industry and corresponding rise in Japanese imports.

Paul Dunstall had already turned his attention to modifying Japanese marques before the collapse of Norton (then part of the fated in 1974. After several more successful years he left the bike scene to concentrate his attention on property development.

Paul Dunstall sold the name in 1982.

Paul Dunstall was a specialist tuner of Norton twins in the 1960s and early 1970s. He started modifying Nortons in 1957, at the age of 18, when he converted a Norton Dominator into a competitive racing motorcycle. As well as fitting aNorton Manx gearbox and wheels, Dunstall balanced the crankshaft and installed the Dominator engine into a Manx Norton frame. With places and two outright wins at Brands Hatch in his first season, after graduating to a higher level with places in his second season at other circuits, Dunstall retired from racing to work in his family’s scooter shop and develop performance motorcycle parts.

Initially Dunstall conceived simple ‘bolt on’ modifications such as ’Goldie’ pattern straight-through replacement silencers and exhaust pipes, creating his first catalogue in 1961 and gradually growing the business.

Dunstall built engines for other racers and purchased parts left over from Norton’s Domiracer project when the factory closed in 1963, using his know-how to further develop high performance motorcycles built to order.

From 1966, Dunstall’s customers could choose from a standard catalogue offering a range of speed parts, race-styled accessories and complete ready-modified bikes from Norton, BSA, and Triumph in capacities from 500cc upwards.

In 1966 Dunstall Motorcycles became a motorcycle manufacturer in its own right, so that Dunstalls could compete in production races and the Auto-Cycle Union, which is the governing body for motorcycle racing in Britain, approved Dunstall Dominators as a marque for the production race in the 1967 Isle of Man TT.

The 131 mph (211 km/h) 1967 Dunstall Dominator 750 roadster was tested as the fastest motorcycle on the market at the time of its launch.

The early 1960s Norton factory racers were called Domiracer, and although Dunstall called his roadsters both Dominator and Domiracer at various stages and with varying engine capacities, the 750s were not known as Dunstall Atlas. Neither were they known as ‘Norton Dunstall’ – this is a later corruption as all 1960s literature quotes Dunstall Norton Dominator, or simply Dunstall Dominator.

The last bikes from the featherbed-based machines in the 1969 catalogue were stated as Dunstall Norton Sprint and Export 750 together with the newest bike in the range theisolastic-framed Dunstall Norton Commando.

By the late 1960s, Dunstall had sold to celebrity customers including film star Steve McQueen and Keith Emerson, of progressive rock band Emerson Lake & Palmer.

After the 1968 race season successes, development of the late-1940s designed parallel twin engine was nearing its zenith for the technology of the time with power outputs of 73 horsepower for the race-spec 745cc Atlas-based engine.

For the 1969 season, Dunstall created a new machine with a lower frontal area, the inclined engine being ‘underslung’ from a large-diameter steel tubing spine frame (nicknamed The Drainpipe) designed by Eddie Robinson. The main frame component ran front to back with a second large-diameter vertical tube at rear of the power plant carrying the engine oil, avoiding the need for the traditional separate oil tank. The filler was conventionally placed ahead of the seat nose.

Although Dunstall’s open-class racers (non production-race category) were equipped with lowboy frames based on the works design which Dunstall had acquired during the Norton factory race-shop closure, this re-design was based on an established concept not yet applied to the Norton twin for road racing. With no front downtube(s) hence no conventional engine mountings, the spine frame needed substantial cantilever bracing from the central-point of the frame forwards under the gearbox and engine to control the torque reaction.

The original ‘drainpipe’ configuration included aluminium dual ‘pannier’ fuel tanks inside the top-half fairing sides to lower the centre of gravity and improve handling but following fuel starvation problems a conventional fuel tank was fitted.

In his 2012 article Powered by DunstallNolan Woodbury states there were four Drainpipes made, whereas Drainpipe owner Jamie Waters suggests only three, his own bike having been originally sold by Dunstall to a Swiss Norton dealer and raced in Europe. Jamie also owns a 500cc Domiracer which he built from a NOS (New Old Stock) Dunstall lowboy kit.

With discontinuation of the featherbed Atlas in 1968, Dunstall first offered his Commando-based roadsters from the 1969 ctalogue. Sales of the Dunstall Nortons declined in the 1970s and Paul Dunstall concentrated on Japanese marques, in particular forging strong links with Suzuki, eventually selling the name in 1982.

In 1967 Rex Butcher (Dunstall’s shop manager and regular rider) – supported by Motor Cycle (a UK weekly publication) journalist David Dixon on a second machine – set a number of world records on 750 cc Dunstalls at Monza in Italy, using two machines earlier ridden by Paul Smart (2nd place) and Griff Jenkins (11th place) in the 1967 TT Production race 750cc category (both recorded as ‘Norton’ in official race result website).

In his 13 Sept 1967 Motor Cycle article, Dixon reported both bikes were the same production TT race specification with lighting and (road-legal) megaphone-style silencers but had been stripped, checked and re-built, with special preparation being limited to larger six-gallon petrol tanks, modified racing seats, improved fairings from the forthcoming 1968 range and 45 psi tyre pressures. The object was to use two over-the-counter customised bikes, basically the same as could be bought.

During the 1968 British season, Motor Cycle (11 December 1968) cites Dunstall rider Ray Pickrell as securing 17 1st places This total may include the titles ‘Master of Mallory’ and ‘King of Brands’  as ‘extra’ races (having an aggregate result from two legs) due to Dunstall’s 1969 catalogue stating 14 wins for 1968 season The 1968 catalogue shows race images of Ray Pickrell aboard lowboy race frames for open category, with production classes on Featherbed framed 750 Dunstall Domiracers.

In June 1968 Pickrell won the Isle of Man Production TT race 750cc class entered on a ‘Dunstall Norton Dominator’ with a new lap record (average speed) of 99.39 mph (159.95 km/h).

In 1969 Pickrell rode Dunstall Nortons to set a new national record for the 750 cc quarter mile at 144.69 mph (232.86 km/h) at Elvington in Yorkshire.

There are no records of Dunstall’s organisation competing during 1970, his regular rider (of two-and-a-half seasons) Ray Pickrell riding for Norton Villiers in 1970 then BSA Triumph in 1971 and 1972. Dunstall’s shop manager and former regular rider Rex Butcher entered the 1968 TT on a Triumph.

Norton Dominator

domiracer1The Dominator is a twin cylinder motorcycle developed by Norton to compete against the Triumph Speed Twin. The original Dominator was designed in 1947 and 1948 by Bert Hopwood, who had been on the Speed Twin design team at Triumph. This design set the pattern for Norton twins for the next 30 years.

The first Dominator, the Model 7, had a 497 cc parallel twin engine with iron cylinders and cylinder head and a Lucas K2F magneto. The crankshaft was of 360-degree layout. A single camshaft at the front of the engine was driven by gears and chain. The rocker box was integral with the head, so there were fewer gasket faces to leak and less valve noise. The engine was a long stroke design with 66.0 mm × 72.6 mm (2.60 in × 2.86 in) bore and stroke and mild tuning, resulting in more torque low down. For the first few years a plunger frame was used, but in 1953 the Model 7 was upgraded with a single downtube swinging arm frame, 19-inch front wheel and ‘pear shaped’ silencers, still known as a Model 7. The Model 7 continued in production through to 1955 and was often used with a sidecar, which could not be fitted to the later Featherbed frame Dominators.

The Featherbed frame was designed for Norton by the McCandless brothers and made by the Reynolds company because the Norton works did not have the necessary welding capacity for its manufacture. The Featherbed frame led to the Model 88 Dominator, also called the Dominator De Luxe, which used the same 497 cc engine and was developed in 1951. Originally developed for export it was sold on the home market from 1953. The 88 suffered from oil leaks from the primary chain case but it was the outdated and inefficient Norton works that resulted in quality control problems for the 200 Model 88′s produced each week.

The 597cc featherbed framed Model 99 Dominator was introduced in 1956, as a larger capacity version alongside the 500 cc Model 88 version. Due to the increased engine capacity, the 99 had a power output of 31 bhp, partly due also to a higher compression ratio possible with the alloy head introduced a year earlier. Full width alloy hubs with improved brakes had also been introduced a year earlier, preparatory for the capacity increase from 500 cc to 600 cc

The first Model 77 was a rigid framed telescopic forked Dominator version of 500 cc produced from 1950, and supplied to the Australian market only. Only a few hundred were made, from 1950 to 1952. This used the all iron Dominator 500 cc twin engine, with an oil pressure gauge in the ES2 style but flat bottomed petrol tank.

The 596 cc Model 77 Dominator was introduced in late 1956. Essentially a swinging arm, single downtube ES2 chassis with a 600 cc Dominator 99 engine, it was in production at the same time as the Dominator 99 as a sidecar motorcycle but was dropped from production after 1957, when sidecar Featherbeds were introduced.

A new 650 cc model was added to the lineup late in 1960. The frame was altered so that the top rails were closer together at the front of the seat area to create what became known as the ‘slimline’ featherbed. A 650 cc engine was installed to create the Norton Manxman. First built from 7 November 1960 to September 1961, these machines were a Limited Edition for the USA only, in custom-cruiser style – with high handlebars, all polychromatic blue paint and bright red seat with white piping round the edge. In September 1961 the 650SS was introduced. It had USA cafe bar style and twin carburettors. The SS stood for Super Sports and the 600 cc models were discontinued to concentrate on production of the 650SS, which quickly earned a reputation as the “best of the Dommies”.

The Norton factory racing team briefly used race-tuned Dominators from circa 1960, but they were still outclassed by the Norton Manx. Doug Hele wanted to see the Dominator developed and produced a 55 bhp (41 kW) “Domiracer” that revved to 8,000 rpm. The Domiracer weighed 35 lb (16 kg) less than the Manx. Dennis Greenfield and Fred Swift won the 500 cc class in theThruxton 500 event in 1960. In the 1961 Isle of Man TT Tom Phillis took the bike to third place and lapped at over 100 mph (161 km/h), a first for a pushrod engine and a first for any twin. Norton abandoned the Domiracer project a year later when the Bracebridge Street race shop closed and the Domiracer and factory spares were sold to Paul Dunstall, who continued with development and began producing Norton performance parts, eventually selling complete Norton Dunstall bikes to customers including Steve McQueen.

Domiracer

domiracer 1960We pay particular attention to the spares that are no longer available in any quantity. This policy has often resulted in the current availability of many reproduction items. We have dealt with shortages in the past to provide you with the following: The Lucas Altette horn, Amal GP, and Dellorto carburetor parts, English and European fuel petcocks, English Taillight assemblies, etc. In addition to our reproductions of obsolete parts that are no longer available, we have a tremendous stock of original factory spares for Norton, Matchless, Triumph, BSA, Ducati, and other machines. Over the past three decades, we have been purchasing and consolidating the stocks of many former distributors from such diverse places as Switzerland, Venezuela, England, Canada, India, Singapore, and of course, the U.S.A. In cases where new old stocks are no longer available and where the demand is insufficient to justify reproduction, we make
available used, reconditioned items or alternate parts to satisfy your requirements.